As the school year is winding down, with folks getting amped for the summer, the RAPP Peer Leaders invite you to join them in their final school wide campaign, from DoSomething.org, 1 in 3 of Us.
Heading into the summer, we want you to know the difference between healthy and unhealthy relationships. Check out how this campaign can help.
Did you know that 1 in 3 young people will be in an abusive or unhealthy relationship? Your close friends may be suffering dating violence right now, and you may not know it.
So What Can We Do About It?
The line between “she texts me constantly because she loves me” and “this is unhealthy” can be super blurry. By spotting and acting on the signs of abusive partners, you can promote healthy relationship behavior.
Sign up (https://www.dosomething.org/campaigns/1-3-us) to receive our 1 in 3 of Us Kit, which includes:
- Three “Spot the Signs” guides created in partnership with the CDC
- Three “1 in 3 of Us metallic tattoo bracelets”
- There’s also a $5,000 scholarship
When you receive the kit:
- Share the guides and bracelets with two different friends and keep a set for yourself!
- Talk through the Spot the Signs Guide with friends to arm yourself with skills to detect signs of unhealthy relationships
- Then, you and your friends each put on a 1 in 3 of Us metallic tattoo and pose together for a picture on Instagram where you’ll share with your social networks
- For your Instagram caption, be sure to write: “Statistically, one of us will be in an abusive relationship. Learn to spot the warning signs: text RESPECT to 38383. Together we will change this stat. #1in3ofUs”
Written by DoSomething.org