The mission of the New York Latinas Against Domestic Violence is to raise awareness of domestic violence and its consequences, particularly in the Latino community in New York City.
- To pay tribute to Gladys Ricart and to all of the battered women and other victims who have died as a result of domestic violence by holding an annual March on the anniversary of the death of Gladys Ricart, September 26;
- To disseminate bilingual information on the issue of domestic violence to the Latino community and to provide information pertaining to the services available to victims and survivors;
- To inspire on a national level, other communities to organize a similar March in their neighborhoods to be held on the anniversary of the death of Gladys Ricart, September 26, memorializing her and all others killed as a result of domestic violence.
Bronx Contingent ~10:00 AM Gathering Begins at Monroe College, 2501 Jerome Ave, Bronx, NY
Truman students, staff, and parents are encouraged to attend this moving community awareness event.
- From Monroe College walk South on Jerome to Fordham Rd
- Turn Left onto Fordham Rd
- Walk East on Fordham Rd to Grand Concourse
- Turn Right on Grand Concourse (Merge with West Bound Contingent)
- Walk South on Grand Concourse to 149th Street
3PM to 5PM ~ Closing Ceremony at Hostos Community College, Bronx NY.
Doors will open at 2PM.
This Contingent is Organized by: Bronx Borough President Ruben Diaz Jr.
Earn community service while making a difference! For more info, see your RAPP Coordinator, Erika Miller, in room 425A.